The Royal Livingstone hotel in Zambia, overlooking the Victoria falls, is where 5-star luxury meets nature’s majesty. Easily accessible from Johannesburg, South Africa, The Royal Livingstone feels like it is a million miles from ordinary.
Renowned for its colonial-inspired décor, The Royal Livingstone owes its existence to its namesake, the explorer David Livingstone.
On 16th of November 1855, David Livingstone discovered the mighty Victoria falls that would define his life story, and that of an entire country. Visible from over 30 kilometres away, the Kololo people with whom he had travelled downriver called it Mosi-oa-Tunya – the smoke that thunders. As the first European to witness this magnificent site, he decided to name it Victoria Falls in honour of the queen of England.
Now more than a century later, The Royal Livingstone hotel is just as famous as the iconic Victoria Falls. Guests can enjoy the magnificent views from the Hotel’s sundeck that makes this hotel a bucket list destination year after year.
Reasons to Stay at the Iconic Royal Livingstone
- Unlimited access to the Victoria Falls within easy walking distance via private entrance.
- Sundowners on the deck overlooking the Victoria Falls is a majestic experience for your bucket list.
- 5-star luxury hotel rooms and suites located on the banks of the Zambezi River.
- Unrivalled facilities ideal for corporate events and weddings.
- The Royal Spa offers personalised treatments in a private gazebo or in the comfort of your hotel room.
- Indulge in fine African-inspired cuisine and soak up the historical ambiance of the glorious setting.
- Conveniently located close top outdoor activities and safari adventures.
- The Royal Livingstone is part of the exclusive Sun International Sunlux Collection.