Oneworld is the best alliance for on-time flights, according to FlightStats, Inc., the leading airline industry data services and solutions technology company, which today presented oneworld with its Airline Alliance On-Time Performance Service Award for 2015.
It is the third time running that oneworld has been confirmed by FlightStats as the most punctual global airline alliance – which means oneworld has retained this premier on-time status since FlightStats started tracking alliance punctuality.
This latest honour means that oneworld is now the current holder of an unprecedented eight of the 12 available leading “best airline alliance” awards internationally.
The FlightStats’ award is based on its analysis of tens of million flights operated by hundreds of airlines globally in the past year – which showed that oneworld members collectively maintained a more punctual operation across the 12 months than their counterparts in the other global airline groups.
FlightStats’ analysis of the 4.8 million oneworld flights monitored in 2015 – operated by the alliance’s 15 member airlines and their 30 affiliated carriers, serving more than 1,000 destinations in 150 plus countries – showed 80.97 per cent of them arrived within 15 minutes of schedule.
Other “best airline alliance” awards currently held by oneworld include:
- Skytrax’s World Airline Awards 2015 Best Airline Alliance, for the third year running.
- Business Traveller’s 2015 Best Airline Alliance for the third year running.
- Global Traveler magazine’s 2015 GT Tested Reader Survey – for the sixth year in a row.
- Premier Traveler’s Best of 2015 Awards – for the third year running.
- Business Traveler North America’s 2015 Best in Business Travel Awards, for the first time.
- World Travel Awards’ World’s Leading Airline Alliance 2015 for the 13th year running.
- Trazees’ Favourite Airline Alliance 2015 in its debut awards.
Oneworld also holds both awards available to airline alliances for the quality of the wines served by its member airlines in-flight – Business Traveller’s Cellars in the Sky Award 2015 and Global Traveler’s Best Alliance Wines on the Wing Award 2015.