Qantas has opened the doors to their new First Lounge in Los Angeles, offering Qantas customers a spacious and luxurious space to dine, relax, work and socialise.
It is the first overseas Qantas First lounge to be designed by renowned Australian industrial designer, Marc Newson and is based on the flagship multi-award winning Qantas First Lounges in Sydney and Melbourne.
The new Qantas First Lounge features:
• Seating for more than 200 customers including a 74-seat a la carte restaurant
• A 14.6m long Carrara marble bar and open kitchen
• LA’s first Neil Perry restaurant offering an a la carte menu of Rockpool Bar and Grill dishes, LA-inspired cuisine and favourites from the First Lounges in Sydney and Melbourne
• Premium Australian and Californian wines, signature cocktails, champagne, iced teas and a full barista service
• Californian Knoll furniture selected by Marc Newson
• An atrium area providing natural light with lounge seating for relaxing
• Private work suites, TVs, faster WiFi, wireless printing capabilities and shower suites with Aurora Spa ASPAR products
• Signature Sofitel service offered to customers travelling in First, including dedicated check-in, fast-track immigration and dedicated boarding.
Qantas is the only airline to operate non-stop A380 services between Australia and the United States, they’ve recently introduced the A380 on services between Sydney and Dallas/Fort Worth.
The opening of the new First Lounge will also be a great benefit to other Qantas customers, freeing up space for those who use their recently opened new Business Lounge in LA.